Cauplas´ global aim is to achieve a long-term sustainable profitability. The most important task related to this objective is to develop, produce and sell products and services which meet the needs of our customers and are, at the same time, safe for the intended use. These products and services must save power, protect the environment and be able to be recycled or disposed of safely.
1) This policy describes Cauplas commitment to health, security, and both internal and external environment.
2) Nowadays, Cauplas meets the security and environmental rules and regulations required by governmental, national and international bodies; said rules and regulations are constantly supervised to encourage people to act in compliance with them.
3) When business decisions are made, we consider the impacts on the environment, health and security.
4) Cauplas is constantly investing on protecting the environment. This is clearly revealed by the investments made to recover effluents, by the adjustment of their equipments to use recovered plastic material, by the forestation of its industrial area, and by its solid waste management. The plant has an investment plan to prevent fire: it has a water pool of 137.000 liters, fire detectors throughout the area, even in the newly built storage areas, and automatic sprinklers in case there is a fire, so that people can evacuate the area.
5) Power has an accurate follow-up which allows us to say we are an efficient company in this area and this is evidenced by the investments made on the steam preheating plant.
6) We guarantee security by using the appropriate and approved systems on the equipment and on the plant, by continuously training the staff with professionals in the prevention and environmental protection, and by ensuring that the staff uses the protective devices (helmets, security boots, masks, hearing plugs, plastic goggles, etc.).
7) The area of Cauplas is divided into two: 50% is devoted to building and the other 50% to green spaces; with several trees which provide oxygen to the atmosphere and life to the whole area, this green space is also an area of relaxation to the Cauplas staff.